1. Working on this lovely room turned a new client into a dear friend. I love it when that happens!
2. Creating these industrial sconces out of West Elm light cords & Ikea shelf brackets gave me an opportunity to think outside the box. I think they turned out super-chic! Very Emily Henderson.
3. Styling vignettes for a visual recording studio gave me the perfect excuse to hunt through antique malls and flea markets. The variation here in shape and texture makes my heart sing.
4. These bookends from Worley's Lighting may be my favorite Etsy find to date. I am very impressed with the craftsmanship, and they look great on the shelf!
5. Furniture & art installation days always seem wonderfully exciting and crazy stressful to me, similar to cramming a comprehensive tour of London into your five hour layover at Heathrow.
Big Ben! Parliament!
But this week, when I finished the furniture install for this old armory restoration, I was surprised with the most wonderful moment to look back and see the simplistic beauty around me. It was one of those "Aha!" moments, when you realize the passion you have for your career fits into your heart perfectly - like a key in a lock - and you fall in love with your job all over again.
6. After finishing up a client meeting in Olympia, I stopped in for a coffee at Batdorf & Bronson and was reminded how beautiful "strangeness" can be.
Wishing you a very strange week, indeed!